In 2013 the insurance brokers of Western Canada, with the support of Wawanesa Insurance, started the Insurance Goals Program to create awareness and support for player safety in minor hockey. Through partnership with the Western Hockey League, brokers like ours at the Thomson Schindle Green (TSG) Insurance Company have assisted in the creation and distribution of safety materials for young players, their coaches, and parents.
The program also gives broker clients the opportunity to also get involved with the WHL at regular season home games in Western Canada and capping everything off at the MasterCard Memorial Cup tournament each Spring. In 2017, this includes the opportunity to win a trip to the MasterCard Memorial Cup tournament.
TSG Insurance is a full-service, independently-operated insurance brokerage, providing the auto, home, and business insurance policies as well as financial planning and wealth management services that meet your individual or business needs across Alberta. Insurance brokers like ours are giving away this fabulous trip for two that includes airfare, accommodation, game tickets, and spending money. Here’s what you need to know:
- No purchase is required.
- Contest begins on March 17, 2017, at 12:01 a.m. MST and ends on April 30, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. PDT.
- There is one Grand Prize trip available to be won in each province (BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba). It includes as follows: round trip for two to Windsor, Ontario, shared accommodation, game tickets, and $500 expense money. Approximate retail value of each package is up to $4000.
- Skill testing question required. Open to all legal residents of Western Canadian provinces only who are age of majority in the province of residence at the time of entry.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received before contest closes. Limit one entry per person/e-mail address.
- Entrant information may be used for promotional purposes.
- Full rules and entry details available at www.bestinsurance.ca
The Insurance Goals Program provides both player safety videos and electronic download versions of the information that all players should be aware of – that improper fitting equipment can expose a young player to potential injuries. Like working with an insurance broker, the best protection starts with the right information. This twenty-one chapter video series (including seven for goaltenders) will guide you through the basic safety information to help avoid injury. A companion piece to the videos, the Plyer Safety Manual (www.bestinsurance.ca)gives families the safety information they need prior to purchasing or upgrading their child’s hockey equipment.
Insurance brokers have been involved with minor hockey in Western Canada before there were indoor rinks. Brokers directly sponsor and support thousands of teams with both their financial resources and volunteered time. For a number of years participating brokers in Western Canada have held an in-store draw for their favourite WHL team jersey. In many cases these are coveted jerseys signed by all the team players. Keep a lookout for the Jersey display at our brokers’ and for an entry to the draw.
If you have insurance questions for your home or business, contact Thomson Schindle Green Insurance Company at 1-800-830-9423 to speak with one of our highly qualified representatives to receive a free quote or visit one of our offices in Bassano, Brooks, Calgary, Edmonton, and Medicine Hat today.