For many, buying and owning a home is the prize at the end of a long road of hard work. Your home is your castle. It is a place for building memories through family gatherings and enjoying peace in cozy solitude. It is also the most valuable asset you can own. Just the thought of losing everything to a fire or theft can send a shiver down your spine.
Insurance services are one way to protect your house from disaster. Take the time to discuss options for lowering the price of coverage with a TSG Insurance agent in Calgary, Medicine Hat, or Brooks. We are dedicated to creating a custom-built policy to fit your needs and your budget.
8 Suggestions to Help You Lower Your Home Insurance Costs
Safeguard your investment with these tips:
- Install an alarm system – Insurers appreciate the extra protection that comes from monitoring for fires or burglary. Before you rush out to buy the first system you find, talk to your insurance company to see what they recommend and what kind of savings you can expect.
- Utilize a multi-policy discount – By combining your coverages through the same insurer, you are bringing them more business, and they pass some savings on to you.
- Increase your deductible – If you can afford to pay more out of pocket, then increasing your deductible can be an option to lower your premiums.
- Shop around – When you shop around, you have the opportunities to find the best deal. At TSG, we work with several quality insurers to help you find the best coverage at the best price.
- Take advantage of your age – Age does have some benefits, like cheaper rates. Retirees tend to spend more time at home than those working outside the home; thus, they are less likely to be burglarized.
- Review your policies annually – It is a good idea to review your policy periodically and make sure you have the right amount of coverage. As the seasons in your life change, you may find you do not need quite as much insurance.
- Ask for a claims-free discount – If you are able to go a period of time without filing a claim, some insurers will reward homeowners with a break in their premiums.
- Enjoy being mortgage free – Once you pay off your mortgage, you may not need to have the same level of coverage, thereby saving you money.
Obtain an Insurance Quote from a TSG Insurance Agent
Keep your home safe and stay within your budget when you take advantage of different ways to lower your home insurance costs. Since 1985, TSG has served Alberta homeowners by only working with established insurance companies. Speak with a TSG Insurance professional today. Our experienced brokers will be glad to discuss your insurance needs.
Contact us for a free quote, and we will respond as quickly as possible. Also, please feel free to call us toll-free at 800-830-9423 to book an appointment at one of our convenient locations in Calgary, Brooks, Medicine Hat, Edmonton, or Bassano.