In today’s economy, saving money is a goal that is on everyone’s minds. One area that you should consider checking is your auto insurance. There are ways to save your hard-earned money while getting the protection required by law. At TSG Insurance, we are dedicated to helping you get the best insurance services that will suit your budget. Contact our team of experienced agents in Calgary, Brooks, or Medicine Hat for an insurance quote.
6 Ways to Save on Your Auto Insurance
Auto insurance can be pricey, but it does not have to break the bank. You can cut your expenses when you follow these tips to obtain vehicle insurance:
1. Understand what is covered in a basic car insurance policy. Looking at your policy does not have to feel like reading a foreign language. Here is a quick summary of what the basic coverages mean:
a. Collision – This protection can help repair your vehicle if you are in an accident.
b. Property Damage – This coverage can help pay for damages you cause to someone else’s property or vehicle.
c. Injury Liability – This protection can cover for injuries you cause to someone else.
d. Medical Payments – This coverage may help pay for injuries that you or your passengers sustain in an accident.
2. Determine what coverage you need. Take a look at what type of car you own and operate. If your vehicle is older and paid for, you may be able to drop collision and comprehensive coverage. If you are positive that you would not be able to replace or repair your car, you probably should keep collision and comprehensive coverage. Our staff at TSG can give you the best options for your situation.
3. Ask about discounts for multiple vehicles or multiple lines of insurance. Do you own more than one car? Do you own a home or condo? Sometimes you can obtain a discount when you insure all your cars with one insurance company (i.e. multi-vehicle), or if you add your house (i.e. multi-line).
4. Raise the deductible. Before insurance benefits kick in, there is a deductible that is paid by you. In general, the higher your deductible, the lower your premium.
5. When buying a new car, choose wisely. Before you set your heart on that cherry red hot rod or that all-terrain 4-wheel drive truck, ask yourself if you can afford the insurance. The type of vehicle you drive can affect the amount of insurance premium you have to pay.
Contact TSG Insurance Today for a Free Insurance Quote
Insuring your car does not have to be a financial burden. Contact TSG Insurance Services to speak with our committed staff and discover how you can save more on the coverage you need.
Contact us online today, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. You can also call us toll-free at 800-830-9423 to make an appointment to meet with an insurance advisor at our Medicine Hat, Calgary, Brooks, Bassano, or Edmonton locations.