Shopping around for insurance quotes can help you save money while getting you adequate coverage. When you start looking for policies to safeguard your home and autos, there are more things to consider than just the bottom line. You also need to ask the right questions to not only save more but to ensure you have the right types and amount of insurance. If you live in Calgary, Medicine Hat, or Brooks, a TSG Insurance agent will be happy to sit down with you and discuss your insurance needs. We provide insurance services and financial planning to keep your life, home, and vehicle protected.
Questions to Ask Before Buying Home or Car Insurance
As you start your insurance shopping, ask these key questions:
- What type of insurance do I need? Ask what is required in your area. You might be able to carry only liability insurance. You also might benefit from additional types of coverage, such as:
- uninsured and underinsured motorist protection
- extra living expense coverage
- flood and/or earthquake insurance
- What is my risk assessment? (How much of a risk do I pose?) Companies look at several factors in determining the likelihood that they will have to pay out a claim on their customers. Data such as age, sex, driving record, criminal record, credit rating, and the area in which you live, all play a factor in rates.
- Who does my auto policy cover? If someone else drives your car, are they protected? Insurance companies handle these situations differently.
- How much will my deductible be? A deductible is what you pay out of pocket before the insurance company starts paying out for a claim. The higher the deductible, the lower your premiums can be.
- What discounts do you offer? Each company provides varying rates and just about as many discounts. Ask your agent for all the discounts you qualify for.
- What kind of payment options do you offer? You may be able to pay monthly, quarterly, or annually.
- How is my car valued? Different factors such as color and model can affect the price you pay in premiums.
- Do you offer 24-hour claims service? Nothing adds more comfort than knowing if you wreck your car on Saturday night, you do not have to wait until Monday to speak with someone.
- In the event of an accident, will you pay for original manufacturer’s parts? You might be surprised that not all companies will do this.
- How much will it cost to rebuild my home? Home insurance should cover the total cost of rebuilding in the event of a total loss.
Speak with a TSG Insurance Agent in Person about Your Insurance Needs
Enjoy the value of meeting face-to-face with a TSG Insurance broker. We can answer your questions, look for the best options, and tailor a policy for your needs. For over 30 years, TSG has served the Alberta area to protect families and their possessions.
Contact us online, and we will respond as quickly as possible. Also, please feel free to call us toll-free at 800-830-9423 to book an appointment at one of our convenient locations in Calgary, Brooks, Medicine Hat, Edmonton, or Bassano.