Farming makes up a significant portion of Alberta’s economy. Spotted along the landscape are a variety of family farms, ranches, and dairies. When a notable loss of crops, livestock, equipment, or structures occurs, the result can be incredibly devastating to generations of farmers and businesses. Can you recover if you lost your buildings to severe weather, such as a tornado?
Protect your farm now and for future generations. Take the time to discuss your insurance options with a TSG Insurance agent in Calgary, Medicine Hat, or Brooks. We can assist you in determining all the areas of your farming business and get you the coverage and financial planning support you need. The best time to protect your business and family is now, before tragedy strikes.
Identify All Aspects of Your Farm Business that Need Protection
Some additional aspects to consider include all those different groups of people who will have access to your property, how the farm implements are used, and land and building use. Keep the family farm operating for generations to come when you carefully consider all the segments of your business:
• Crops and Livestock – Seasonal disasters can happen, such as floods, fires, tornadoes, or hail. Insurance can help you recover quickly.
• Employees – If you have employees who are not family members, you have additional responsibilities, including worker’s compensation.
• Equipment – Just like your crops and livestock, the machines on your farm help you extensively to get the job done.
• Sales to the public or wholesalers – Some farms have set up petting zoos, host seasonal events, or offer pick-your-own fruit and vegetables. There are additional liabilities to consider with these other business opportunities.
• Health, life, and disability – Remember that one of the most significant assets you have is your health. It is essential that you have the right insurance in place to help you heal after sickness or injury, or keeping the farm in the family after you.
Discuss Your Farm Insurance Needs with a TSG Insurance Agent
Running a farm is more than just morning chores. It is a viable business with a diverse group of operations keeping it growing. Preserve your family’s heritage by speaking with a TSG Insurance professional. Our knowledgeable brokers will be happy to sit down and discuss your insurance options. Since 1985, TSG has served Alberta farmers to protect families and their farms. We only work with established insurance companies to safeguard your farming business. We will help you obtain the coverage that will work best for your situation.
You can reach us online, and we will respond as quickly as possible. Also, please feel free to call us toll-free at 800-830-9423 to book an appointment at one of our convenient locations in Calgary, Brooks, Medicine Hat, Edmonton, or Bassano.