Do You Think “It Could Not Happen to Me?” – Insurance Statistics Tell a Different Story

How often do you watch, listen, or read in the news about a tragic car accident that seriously injured and killed a driver or the passengers? Maybe it was a family headed out on holiday only to never reach their destination because of an accident. What about those stories of homeowners losing everything to flooding, fire, or other natural disasters? How often do you stop to consider that tragedy could have been you or someone you love? It is definitely easy to hear about all these stories and think they could never happen to you; however, the statistics say otherwise. When you have the right insurance, you can ease the stress and burden that occurs when things go wrong. Whether you live in Medicine Hat, Calgary, or Brooks, TSG Insurance can help you get the coverage you need to give you the peace of mind you deserve. Read more

What is the Right Type of Insurance for Every Age?

Having insurance is a lot like carrying an umbrella – even if you do not need to use it all the time, it is handy to have when inclement weather occurs. Many Canadians fail to have the proper coverage for the season of life they are currently in. Your life situation may differ from your neighbour’s, but having the right insurance at the right time can ease the financial burden of when problems arise. For example, you may not need the same life insurance coverage when you are first married as you do when you add children. Whether you are in Calgary, Medicine Hat, or Brooks, at TSG Insurance & Financial Services Ltd., we understand the different seasons you will go through. We can help you find the right coverage and provide insurance quotes for your life situation.

Read more

Why Renters Need Insurance – Tips from Your Local Insurance Company

Most homeowners know that insuring their property and belongings is necessary. However, many renters do not assume the same responsibility. This can be a major error that could cost you much money and aggravation. If you experience a theft or disaster in your rental home, you should be able to recover your losses in the same way that a homeowner would. When you purchase renter’s insurance, you can do that. At TSG Insurance, we want our customers to enjoy peace of mind, and we can help you achieve that as a tenant.    Read more

Home Window Safety

Canadians love summer, probably because we experience so much winter. Summer is when we can take advantage of the pleasant weather by opening windows and letting in the cool breeze. However, while windows allow us to enjoy the season’s lovely sunshine and temperatures, they’re also an essential component of our homes’ safety.

In April 2017, CTV News reported that a “five-year-old boy is in critical condition after he and a two-year-old girl fell out of an upstairs window at a home in Calgary.” That article concluded with a reminder that with “the weather growing more comfortable, police are cautioning parents to be wary of leaving windows open around small children.”
Read more

The Importance of Tenant Insurance

tenant insuranceWhy is tenant insurance important when you’re renting in Alberta? It’s a common question and with growing home prices, and an increasing focus on the rental accommodation market, there’s an increased likelihood that Canadians will increasingly be renting rather than owning their home, condo, or apartment unit and if that’s you, you’ve worked hard for your stuff and both you and your stuff deserve protection.

According to a January 2017 Global News update, “Renter’s insurance, also known as tenants or contents insurance, will help replace possessions in your rental unit in the event of loss, theft, or damage. And while it’s relatively inexpensive, experts say many renters are still going without insurance.” Read more