Energy, Oil and Gas Industry: Are You Properly Insured? Some Firms Are Learning that they Are Underinsured

Since the start of the Industrial Revolution of the 19th century, mankind has battled with nature. From the Exxon Valdez spill in the US to Chernobyl in Russia, environmental disasters are part of doing business in the energy sector. Alberta is no stranger to accidents that plague the forests, lakes, and wildlife in the province. Just this past spring, Alberta Energy Regulator reported a leak of 290,000 liters of oil and saltwater.

Read more

How Much Do You Know About a Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA)? – Let a TSG Financial Planner Walk You Through the Benefits

Today’s economy requires making sound financial decisions. Saving and investing for retirement is one of those choices. The sooner you start, the better position you will be in later. Canadians who utilize a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) understand that they are making long-term plans for their Golden Years. What about savings for short-term goals, such as a car or a home or even to supplement an RRSP? A Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA) can propel you further in your financial goals.

Read more

Post-Collision Car Towing in Alberta – Advice from Your Trusted Insurance Services in Calgary, Medicine Hat and Brooks

Whether you are driving for a business trip, a family vacation or a romantic retreat, a road accident is something you never want to experience, but it is the most important possibility to be prepared for. While you may consider yourself a safe driver, it does not make your vehicle immune to collisions or damages that can occur due to the negligence of other drivers, tough road conditions or harsh weather.

In Alberta, the law requires you to inform the authorities about any collision where people have been injured, or the damage to another vehicle, bike, pedestrian or other objects such as street signs or light poles exceeds $2,000. If you damage any traffic control devices or parking meters, then reporting the incident is mandatory, irrespective of the cost of damage. If you can continue using your vehicle safely, you may want to drive to the nearest district police office to report the incident. However, if your vehicle is immobilized, or people are injured, call 911 and let the police arrive on the scene to file an onsite report.

Read more

Considering Being a Ride Share Driver in Alberta? Get Useful Financial Planning Advice and Insurance Quotes First

Like several cities across the world, ride share services such as Uber have become increasingly popular in the province of Alberta. The unique opportunity offered by Uber cuts across demographics and touches people from all walks of life. Some have earned such tremendous recognition and popularity that their brand names are now used as verbs!


Whether you wish to make some extra cash with the freedom to operate beyond your regular job, or you want a flexible career where your personal vehicle is your office and you are your own boss, being a ride share driver is a lucrative option for many individuals. However, being a ride share driver means that you are providing commercial rides in your personal vehicle and historically, there was no personal or commercial insurance policy that could cover and compensate the passengers you ply from one place to another. However, the province of Alberta has now approved personal insurance coverage for ride share that typically allows:

  • $2M in Third Party Liability coverage
  • Standard Accident Benefits
  • $1,000 deductible for comprehensive and collision coverage.

Read more