It Is Never Too Early or Too Late to Plan Your Finances – Alberta’s Leading Financial Services Firm Explains the Essentials of Wealth Management

Financial planning in AlbertaWhether you have limited knowledge about financial products, or you are the neighbourhood’s go-to person for stock market tips, you can never be too young or too old to plan and manage your own savings and investments. From equity, bonds and mutual funds, to pension and insurance, no matter what you prefer, consider hiring the services of wealth management professionals. Not only do they understand the financial, legal, and regulatory aspects of every available investment option, they will also help you make informed and guided choices to maximize your returns and multiply your wealth.

However, at TSG Insurance, we believe it is not always about growing your wealth. Your primary objective for investment may vary at different stages in your life and our expert financial advisors take that into account before offering any advice or suggestions on the different financial vehicles.

Read more

Getting Insurance Quotes for Green Vehicles in Alberta – Your Trusted Brokers at TSG Insurance Share Insights

Car insurance in AlbertaFrom mini vans, compact 2-seaters and hatchbacks, to sedans and 8-seater SUVs, green vehicles are now available in a wide range of makes and models. Whether you prefer electric cars or hybrids, both types offer a number of compelling characteristics, including, environment-friendliness, smaller, fuel-efficient engines, lightweight bodies, sleek designs and attractive resale values. Insurance services in Alberta for green vehicles are also surprisingly affordable.

While green vehicles may have a higher upfront investment, if you can get over the initial sticker shock, the long term benefits and lower maintenance costs of hybrid plug-ins far supersede traditional, gas-powered vehicles. In Canada, green cars made an entrance around a decade ago, but they have come into a reasonable and affordable price range only recently. While the incentives and rebates offered by each province may be different, they have certainly boosted the popularity of hybrids throughout the country.

Read more

Energy, Oil and Gas Industry: Are You Properly Insured? Some Firms Are Learning that they Are Underinsured

Since the start of the Industrial Revolution of the 19th century, mankind has battled with nature. From the Exxon Valdez spill in the US to Chernobyl in Russia, environmental disasters are part of doing business in the energy sector. Alberta is no stranger to accidents that plague the forests, lakes, and wildlife in the province. Just this past spring, Alberta Energy Regulator reported a leak of 290,000 liters of oil and saltwater.

Read more

How Much Do You Know About a Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA)? – Let a TSG Financial Planner Walk You Through the Benefits

Today’s economy requires making sound financial decisions. Saving and investing for retirement is one of those choices. The sooner you start, the better position you will be in later. Canadians who utilize a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) understand that they are making long-term plans for their Golden Years. What about savings for short-term goals, such as a car or a home or even to supplement an RRSP? A Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA) can propel you further in your financial goals.

Read more

Post-Collision Car Towing in Alberta – Advice from Your Trusted Insurance Services in Calgary, Medicine Hat and Brooks

Whether you are driving for a business trip, a family vacation or a romantic retreat, a road accident is something you never want to experience, but it is the most important possibility to be prepared for. While you may consider yourself a safe driver, it does not make your vehicle immune to collisions or damages that can occur due to the negligence of other drivers, tough road conditions or harsh weather.

In Alberta, the law requires you to inform the authorities about any collision where people have been injured, or the damage to another vehicle, bike, pedestrian or other objects such as street signs or light poles exceeds $2,000. If you damage any traffic control devices or parking meters, then reporting the incident is mandatory, irrespective of the cost of damage. If you can continue using your vehicle safely, you may want to drive to the nearest district police office to report the incident. However, if your vehicle is immobilized, or people are injured, call 911 and let the police arrive on the scene to file an onsite report.

Read more